[FieldTrip] Load already preprocessed data to fieldtrip functions

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 17:39:35 CEST 2019

An easy way to hack it is to preprocess some other data using the Fieldtrip
pipeline, grab the structure that's created, and then manually replace the
appropriate fields (like .trial, .average, .time, etc.) with the fields
from your own data. You may also have to replace some other fields, like
.dimord, if they don't match yours; but this is pretty straightforward to
do once you get familiar with the Fieldtrip data structure. This is what
I've done in the past when I have data I processed in some other software
or toolbox but then I want to use Fieldtrip's functions for cluster-based
permutation tests or whatnot. There may be more proper or more efficient
ways to do it, but this hack has worked fine for me so far.

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
http://www.mypolyuweb.hk/~sjpolit/
<http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/>