[FieldTrip] Creating a BEM volume conduction model of the head for source-reconstruction of EEG data related question

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jun 3 16:58:52 CEST 2019

Hi Anik,

On 29 May 2019, at 20:36, Anik Das <anik.nicks at gmail.com<mailto:anik.nicks at gmail.com>> wrote:

I was working with "Creating a BEM volume conduction model of the head for source-reconstruction of EEG data" founded from: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/headmodel_eeg_bem/ .I've some questions regarding this
1. Is the head-model(only for vol.bnd(3) coordinates) origin in figure is (0,0,0) ?

Well, the origin by definition is (0,0,0), that’s why it’s called ‘origin’ :). This is independent of the object.

2. if so, does the x, y axis for origin (0,0,0) intersect the points  ‘Nz’, ‘LPA’ and ‘RPA’ like ctf coordinate system(http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_are_the_different_head_and_mri_coordinate_systems_defined/)?
<image.png>

I don’t know. You can evaluate this yourself, using the ft_determine_coordsys function. To me, it looks as if the coordinate system is acpc-based RAS. But I could be wrong.

Best wishes,