[FieldTrip] ft_clusterplot error?

Jac Billington J.Billington at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 15:00:41 CET 2019

Hi Stephen,

Thanks again for the reply and reassurance. ft_neighbourplot is looking fine.

I didn't expect the t-stats to look exactly the same but I'd have thought the occipital difference might have been more prominent in the t-stat. That said, my hypothesis is a central-parietal difference so perhaps I shouldn't worry about it! I'll double check the means and variance.

Thanks for your help.

Jac

Hi Jac,

To my eyes all looks fine to me!

- Your stat output seems to fit your raw difference rather well, I would
say! Why do you think otherwise? Sure, the t-stats are not the same as
absolute differences, but that's to be expected - the general topography
looks rather similar. If you don't trust the calculation you can perhaps
just do a MATLAB ttest on one electrode and compare that to the
freqstatistics output.
- Yes, you seem to be plotting the average over time ([5 5] in the plot)
and frequency ([10 10] in the plot). As I said earlier, I can't track the
clusterplot at the point (it also has no parameters in the image). Without
the code that you use, I can't see if anything else is going on.
- The significant cluster/electrodes you see in the clusterplot seems to
correspond to that blue central blog on the stats left of it in the same
image file just fine.
- You can check your neighbours with ft_neighbourplot

Since you are probably doing your statistics on average time and freq, the
only dimension that your cluster extends to is 'space', i.e. electrodes, so
for now you don't need to use clusterplot, but just highlight the
electrodes in ft_topoplotXX based on your stats. This is just to not make
it more confusing than it is - clusters that span time/freq/space are just
very hard to plot.

Cheers,
Stephen

Dr Jac Billington