[FieldTrip] Beamforming in FieldTrip and Brainstorm

Vladimir Litvak litvak.vladimir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:54:56 CEST 2019

Dear Mikkel,

In principle, if you are far enough from the mesh it should work. If
because of the bad MRI the skull shape you extract is distorted then you
will just get incorrect results - garbage in, garbage out. Yes, for dipoles
I would recommend using a spherical model because it's hard to prevent the
dipole from getting into that bad zone in BEM. But if you combine spherical
model with mesh than the mesh should be spherified to fit inside the inner
sphere (unlike in MEG where it's not necessary). Robert has code for this
and this code is used in SPM but I'm not sure if appears in any FT tutorial.

Best,

Vladimir