[FieldTrip] ft_channelrepair ignoring missing channels, and destroying grad info on elekta data

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Sat Apr 6 13:24:30 CEST 2019

Hi Craig,
There are a few open bugs about this on bugzilla.fieldtriptoolbox.org<http://bugzilla.fieldtriptoolbox.org> (2331 and 2404). We are moving away from bugzilla (and try to switch more to github issues), but the the currently open ones still contain some knowledge and history that’s worth to be looked into. Moreover, their resolution might be documented there as well.
I am not sure whether your old esi-e-mailaddress still works, that’s the one with which you are subscribed to bugzilla, but if not, I suggest that you update your e-mailaddress, so that you can check what has been documented regarding the issue you raise. Subsequently, you can work with us towards a solution, which eventually will end up as a pull request on the github repo.

As a side note, I am wondering why you’d want to use ft_channelrepair on MEG data. I could think of the functionality being useful occasionally in EEG, but not in MEG.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs