[FieldTrip] head- and sourcemodel templates

Annika Thierfelder athierfelder at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Sep 7 12:50:04 CEST 2018

Dear fieldtrippers,

I have a short question about the template files provided by fieldtrip.
I am doing MNE source reconstruction with the template BEM headmodel and
the cortical sheets provided in the sourcemodel templates. However, I
noticed that the sourcemodel is outside of the BEM brain surface at some
points. So I plotted it against the MRI template and it doesn't really
seem to fit. It seems quite small and shifted, so it's hard to judge the
shape.

Are those not produced from the same template MRI? And would it
therefore make sense to go through the process of producing a
sourcemodel from the standard MRI myself as described here
[http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel#construction_of_a_source_model_based_on_a_surface_description_of_the_cortical_sheet]
?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Best,