[FieldTrip] Which subplot of clusterplot to take?

Tara van Viegen taravanviegen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:28:08 CEST 2018

Dear Sebastian,

1) The permutation test identified a significant difference between your
conditions. The extent of the cluster (i.e. the most pronounced difference
between your conditions) is found in the time window that is plotted in the
12 subplots. See
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_not_to_interpret_results_from_a_cluster-based_permutation_test
for more information on this.

2) If you do not wish to use 12 subplots in a figure you can simply show
the plot averaged over time points. Note that the clusterplot plots
t-values, so you might want to plot the difference between your conditions
in microvolt or femtotesla for example. That does leave you with the
decision on how to include the spatial extent (i.e. electrodes) of your
cluster. You could show all electrodes that were part of the cluster at any
one time point, or you could plot the electrode size as a function of how
often (i.e. at how many time points) the electrode was part of the cluster.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Tara van Viegen