[FieldTrip] Cluster-based permutation tests on ERPs 2x2 ANOVA interaction interpretation and post-hoc analysis

Samran samranasghar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:01:45 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to see effects of a treatment using ERPs. Each person
participated in two interventions, where EEG was recorded before and after
each intervention. So, I have a repeated measures two-way ANOVA design
where treatment (2 levels: Placebo, Active) and session (2 levels: pre-,
post-) are the two factors.

I have read the tutorials on using Cluster-based permutation tests on event
related fields (
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_timelock), how
to test interaction effect (
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_test_an_interaction_effect_using_cluster-based_permutation_tests),
and
https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-January/003447.html
by Eric Maris on how to test main and interaction effects of a 2x2
within-subjects design.

I have selected a time period a-priori where I want to check the
differences.

I was wondering, if I get significant differences in the interaction, how
can I do the post-hoc tests to identify which treatment made the
difference, and if the pre-sessions are similar?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

M. Samran Navid.