[FieldTrip] PostDoc Position in Muenster, Germany

Joachim Gross Joachim.Gross at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 11:03:56 CEST 2018

The University Hospital of Münster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients. There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.

The Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis at University of Muenster invites applications for a

Research Associate/Postdoctoral Scientist (gn*)
Ref.: 03171
Full-Time with 38,5 (hours/week)
(Germany salary grade: E 13 TV-L, 100%)

(*gn=gender neutral)

The position starts on 1.1.2019 and is available for 3 years in the research group of Prof. Dr. Joachim Gross.

The successful candidate will coordinate, perform and publish research using MEG to study brain oscillations. We offer a stimulating environment in a successful team with high-level experience in MEG research. Successful candidates will benefit from personal mentoring, weekly seminars and general training and knowledge dissemination within the Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis (IBB). The position offers opportunity for further academic qualifications (Habilitation). The successful applicants will join a dynamic team of both experienced and junior researchers with many national and international collaborations and a sustained record of high-quality research output.

We are searching for trained and highly motivated scientists ideally having experience in electrophysiology, cognitive neuroimaging or similar disciplines. The research projects require acquisition of MEG data and analysis of neuronal oscillations and their relationship to behaviour. Therefore, experience with MEG/EEG, programming and spectral analysis is highly desirable.

Requirements:

  *   PhD in psychology, medicine, physics, or a related discipline relevant for neuroscience
  *   Experience with cognitive neuroscience research ideally with MEG or EEG
  *   Publications in peer-reviewed journals
  *   Experience with running cognitive neuroscience studies
  *   Programming skills (matlab, python or similar)
  *   Knowledge of general statistics for data analysis
  *   Very good English language skills
  *   Strong commitment, flexibility, independence and team work

For more information please contact Prof. Dr. Joachim Gross, University of Muenster, Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, 48149 Münster, Germany, Email: Joachim.Gross(at)­wwu(dot)­de

Please send your application (including the above reference number) with all relevant information (CV, cover letter) until 11.11.2018 to Personalgewinnung des Universitätsklinikums Münster, Bewerbermanagement, Domagkstraße 5, 48149 Münster or via e-mail (PDF-file, max. 5 MB) to Bewerbung(at)­ukmuenster(dot)­de.

Applications of women are specifically invited. In the case of similar qualifications, competence, and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.