[FieldTrip] Permutation test design matrix for grand-averaged ERPs

Mariya Manahova m.manahova at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:41:43 CEST 2018

Hi Kate,

Clearly, there's a problem with the way you're defining your design matrix.
Can you tell me what cfg.design looks like when you define it?

With the code I sent you, the design matrix is a 2x58 matrix (the number of
participants is 29). There are two rows, one for the independent variable
(condition 1 or 2) and one for the participant number. The first row
consists of 29 1's and 29 2's because I have two conditions (1 and 2), and
this denotes that each participant is on the one hand in condition 1 and on
the other hand in condition 2. The second row is 1:29 and then again 1:29,
referring to the participant number per condition. Does this make sense?

In this case, the length of my design matrix is 58 because I have 2
observations (1 for each condition) per participant. Why do you end up
having 694?

Can you paste the output of your cfg.design? Here's mine:
[image: image.png]
All the best,
Marisha