[FieldTrip] Problem in running tutorial of preprocessing and analysis of spike data

Yunliang Zang zangyl1983 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:41:19 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am Yunliang Zang, a postdoc at OIST. I just began using fieldtrip. I met a problem when running the tutorial from the link: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/spike

When reading event information by event = ft_read_event('p029_sort_final_01.nex'), there are 361626 events instead of 37689 events as shown in the tutorial.

I checked further and found in the outputted structure called event, there are a lot of empty elements for the field value, and their type are Event002 instead of Strobed. I think ft_read_event does not function correctly in my case. This function is too long for me to check further.

My Matlab version is MATLAB_R2018a. Does anybody have a similar problem and know how to fix it?

Best,

Yunliang