[FieldTrip] Permutation test design matrix for grand-averaged ERPs

Kate Stone katemsto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:04:15 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I've been following the tutorial here to do a time-locked perm test on ERP
data: www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_timelock

I have computed grand averages for my two conditions and am using
indepsamplesT with ft_timelockstatistics(cfg, GA_1, GA_2).

But what should the design matrix be? The example in the tutorial doesn't
apply as I am using grand averages and the reference for
ft_timelockstatistics doesn't mention the design matrix, although it is
definitely required. I have tried design = [1,2], but this doesn't seem to
give sensible results.

Thanks in advance,
Kate