[FieldTrip] Rejecting BrainVision-marked 'Bad Intervals'

Kate Stone katemsto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:47:46 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I have pre-processed some ERP data in BrainVision and marked bad segments
instead of removing them. I now want to import this data into Fieldtrip,
but how do I remove the marked segments?

The following tells me that there are 10 bad segments out of 44, but when I
set event type to 'Stimulus' and add the triggers at event values, it
imports all 44 segments.

cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = '../data/export/28_preproc.dat';
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'Bad Interval';
ft_definetrial(cfg);

Do I need to write my own conditional trialfun? If so, how? I've tried
editing the tutorial example but I'm new to Matlab and am struggling.

Thanks in advance,
Kate

--
Kate Stone