[FieldTrip] HELP: import simple data from txt file - non supported format, no header

Eugenio Abela abela.eugenio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:25:51 CET 2018

Hi Tony

Here’s a pretty quick and dirty fix - have a careful look to make sure it does what you want. You need FieldTrip installed and in the path; it works on my MATLAB2016a. Others on the list might have better ideas, or spot obvious errors.

Good luck
eugenio

% Import you data
D = importdata('Pressure_3_6.txt',' ');

% Fill in FieldTrip data structure (check out ft_datatype_raw)
% I assume columns 4, 5 are EEG, 6,7 EMG.
% Channels go in rows, time in columns.
data = struct();
data.label = {'EEG-1';'EEG-2';'EMG-1';'EMG-2'};
data.fsample = 250;
data.time  = {1:length(D)};
data.trial = {D(:,4:7)’};

% Check out how it looks