[FieldTrip] Sharp 60 Hz peak (in Europe!) in wPLI and Granger spectra

Eelke Spaak e.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Thu Nov 8 09:51:51 CET 2018

Thanks a lot JM, Lasha, Antoine, Tineke, & Mats for all the fast responses!

Just to be clear: I agree that it's extremely unlikely that the peak
reflects an endogenous rhythm.

@Antoine: the projector is supposed to be very high-end (vPixx
Propixx) and I've used it in the past at 1440 Hz, which worked well.
So I would assume it's not a matter of mismatch between the GPU
refresh rate and the projector's. But this is worth checking with a
photodiode. Also I guess it's possible that I forgot to check the
computer's refresh rate on some of the recording sessions and that it
was actually 60 Hz instead of 120.

For now I think I will deal with this with a notch filter.

@Mats: the data were recorded between April and June of this year (2018).

Cheers,
Eelke