[FieldTrip] baseline correcting data with baseline coming from a different grandaverage

Silvia Formica Silvia.Formica at UGent.be
Thu Nov 8 11:40:06 CET 2018

Dear Cecilia and Tom,

I am in a similar situation to the one described by Cecilia, so I thought of asking you for a suggestion.

I have a dataset locked to the onset of the cue, and I would like to use the same baseline I used in this dataset to baseline-correct also the same dataset locked to the onset of the target.

I tried the solution Tom suggested, but it is not working for me. The reason is that I preprocessed the cue-locked and target-locked datasets separately, therefore they end up having a slightly different number of trials. Do you have any idea of how this could be solved? Would it make sense to baseline-correct at the grandaverage level?

Another option I have been thinking about is to use ft_redefinetrial. In this case I have other problems, though. If I try to use the ft_redefinetrial function after preprocessing and cleaning my cue-locked dataset, it will output all the trials in the raw data (therefore not accounting for the trial rejection I performed on the cue-locked dataset). Is this the right way to use this function or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any input and sorry if my question is not very clear (still a newbie!)

Best,

Silvia