[FieldTrip] Wavelet spectrum is cut strangely on low frequencies

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:17:22 CEST 2018

Hi Diana,

That is what you would expect given your wavelet settings.
The "strange" cutting off of your low frequencies is due to the length of
the wavelet combined with the length of your trial.
Only frequencies for which your wavelet fits into your trial will be
computed.

For example, 7 cycles at 1 Hz will need 7s of data to compute, 7 cycles at
10 Hz will need 0.7s.

Play around with the cfg.width setting to see the effect of different taper
sizes.

Good luck,

Julian