[FieldTrip] partial artifact rejection for time-frequency analysis

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon May 14 15:55:35 CEST 2018

Dear Matthias,

Don’t worry. The partial rejection method indeed cuts original trials in smaller portions, but it preserves the local time axes, relative to the original trials.
Since ft_freqanalysis returns per ‘segment’ TFRs with numeric data only for those portions of data for which the time windows are entirely filled with data (and nans otheriwse, with the average across segments is computed as a nanmean) there is no worry about ‘edge artifacts’ as such. The only thing to keep in the back of your head is that different time-frequency points may end up having slightly different degrees of freedom in the average.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs