[FieldTrip] How can I fix the "the 1/f power spectrum effect" in fieldtrip

Mansoureh Aghabeig mansoureh.aghabeig at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 21:19:53 CEST 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Mansoureh Aghabeig and I am working in the ICNT lab in Torun, Poland as a Ph.D. student. Currently, I am working on time-frequency analysis with fieldtrip . But I obtained very strange TFR results. Please find the attachment.
It is clear in the attached plot the lower frequencies dominate the higher one. In fact, there is the 1/f power spectrum effect. I think one solution for solving this problem is normalizing over power spectrum but I do not know how can I do it in fieldtrip . I would be appreciated if you kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance

Mansoureh Aghabeig        منصوره آقابیگ