[FieldTrip] ft_freqanalysis fourier rpttap to rpt conversion?

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue May 1 10:49:44 CEST 2018

Hi John,

Yes, it is forced as a preventive measure. Averaging Fourier coefficients across tapers is not allowed.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

On 27 Apr 2018, at 05:13, John Nguyen <johnnguyen.education at gmail.com<mailto:johnnguyen.education at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that it's not an option to remove the tapers if the output is "fourier".
Is this because the resulting output won't be a true Fourier if the tapers are removed, and is forced as a preventive measure?
I was looking to reduce my fourier size by removing the tapers but not the trials, is there a danger to this?

Thank you!
John Nguyen