[FieldTrip] Project numerical values on a cortical mesh

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Thu May 31 10:00:54 CEST 2018

Dear Fereshte

The mesh should be described with both vertices (points in 3-D space) and triangles (the specification how these points form a surface).

If your values are an Nx1 vector and your mesh is
  mesh.pos = Nx3 % position of the vertices
  mesh.pos = Mx3 % indices into the vertices that together form M triangles
then you can do
  ft_plot_mesh(mesh, ‘vertexcolor’, val)
which uses one of the low level functions in the plotting module.

If you organize your data as source structure (e.g. used for reconstructions of cortical activity) you could also use the high-level ft_sourceplot. See "help ft_datatype_source" for documentation on the source structure.

best regards
Robert