[FieldTrip] EEG and shunts

Carsten Wolters carsten.wolters at uni-muenster.de
Mon Mar 12 16:39:36 CET 2018

Dear Jason,

that is very interesting:
(1) CSF:
I would expect that in hydrocephalus you have a significant contribution of CSF, see
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23006805
and
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811914005175?via%3Dihub
(2)
Effects of shunts have been investigated in this paper
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811912004946?via%3Dihub

You might then be interested to model your shunts and the possibly bigger CSF compartment by using e.g. the Fieldtrip-SimBio pipeline (corresponding paper has just been accepted):
http://www.sci.utah.edu/~wolters/PaperWolters/2018/VorwerkOostenveldPiastraMagyariWolters_BiomedEngOnline_2018_accepted.pdf

BR
    Carsten