[FieldTrip] Concatenate different size of trials into single one trial

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Sun Jul 1 20:16:00 CEST 2018

Hi Yadwinder,

Why would you want this?

For this purpose, ft_appenddata is not your friend, if you want to ‘create a single data matrix’. It concatenate a bunch of matrices, you can use cat(2,data.trial{:}), but this will only be a meaningful operation in a very limited number of cases. Most of the time, the last time point of trial n-1 will not be temporally aligned with the first time point of trial n, and even if that were the case, trial specific filtering, baseline correction, or any trial-specific processing in general will lead to discontinuities in the signals.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs