[FieldTrip] Using cfg.baseline and cfg.toi

Eelke Spaak e.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Thu Aug 16 09:25:04 CEST 2018

Hi Eno,

My hunch is that after the call to ft_freqanalysis, the time interval
comprising your baseline contains NaNs. The subsequent call to
ft_freqbaseline will subtract those NaNs from all time points, which
will result in all NaNs.

Have a look here to understand why there are NaNs after
ft_freqanalysis:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/why_does_my_tfr_contain_nans And
then ensure you select a baseline window that does not contain NaNs.

Also, make sure to use *separate* cfg structs per FT function call to
avoid confusing yourself. So:

freq = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data);

freq_bsl = ft_freqbaseline(cfg, freq);

Cheers,