[FieldTrip] Statistics in resting-state dataset

Amador, Gabriel gabriel.delara at med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Aug 22 14:05:29 CEST 2018

Hello FT´s

I have a 5 minutes resting-state scalp EEG dataset, where the continuous data where epoched in 2s segments with 50% overlap.
I am interested in comparing pre and post-intervention recordings,  and going up to 80 Hz. I set a fixed smoothing parameter as cfg.tapsmofrq  = 1;...

Since I am interested in the spectral aspects but not the temporal, i ran the mtmfft with multitapers for all the frequencies. Is it reasonable?
Or should I apply hanning up to 30Hz, and multitapers with varying lengths to the 30-80 Hz range?

Best,

Gabriel Amador de Lara

wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / PhD candidate
Klinik für klinische Neurophysiologie / Department of Clinical Neurophysiology
Universitätsmedizin / Medical Center
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Robert-Koch-Str. 40, 37075
+49 0551 3919265