[FieldTrip] Transfer entropy

Darren Price Darren.Price at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 15:42:19 CEST 2018

Hi All

Could anyone suggest the tools for computing transfer entropy in Matlab? I had a look at MuTE toolbox, but that seemed overly complicated, and I couldn't even get the example to work. I'm currently looking at TRENTTOOL which looks good and works with fieldtrip format. I will also try "phase transfer entropy", which is a single matlab function and simple to implement.

Any other suggestions or comments / experiences with those above would be very helpful.

To begin with I would simply like to check for information transfer between two timeseries. I may also check for indirect serial transfer i.e. A>B>C

Thanks

Darren

Dr. Darren Price
Research Associate