[FieldTrip] Using cfg.baseline and cfg.toi

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:13:32 CEST 2018

Hi Eno,

The list will be unable to answer your first question. E.g.: what is your
full cfg, and what is your input/output data structure like? Are the NaNs
already in 'freq'?. Please refer to http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.
org/faq/how_to_ask_good_questions_to_the_community and
http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.
1371/journal.pcbi.1002202 in crafting your questions to this list.

However, if you literally mean 'extract', that you perhaps misunderstand
the functionality of ft_freqbaseline, which is to remove (by division or
subtraction), the baseline from the frequency data. Also, you can try to
follow the tutorials on freqanalysis.

Your second question seems to be a double question:
1) I don't know about the eeglab interface, but if you have trials/epochs,
time is always defined around a particular event, with t=0 more often than
not corresponding to that trial event. At stimulus onset would make sense,
but it has been your decision when segmenting the data. Best is to
backtrack your (eeglab) segmentation and to double-check the .time field of
your fieldtrip data structure, and see if that makes sense to you.

2) All trial-based functions that refer to time/latency, indeed do so
according to the time-axis as specified in the datastructure in the .time
field. However, what that time-axis refers to, (i.e. what t-0 means)
depends on you, as described above.

Hope this helps,
Stephen