[FieldTrip] excessive channel correlations

Smulders, F (PSYCHOLOGY) f.smulders at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Apr 13 16:45:50 CEST 2018

I have seen this occasionally, also on Brainvision's BrainAmp. I find it worrying, and would also like a good explanation. I have seen before that open channels on an AD converter just pass a copy of an occupied channel. So if you have a bad connection, that might explain it.
Subtracting the channel-average would possibly 'hide' a serious hardware problem, it seems to me that you just might end up with pure noise.
kind regards,
Fren