[FieldTrip] Neuralynx support on OSX

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:49:09 CEST 2018

Dear FieldTrippers,

I just started with intracranial data for the first time (yeah!), recorded
to .ncs-files with Neuralynx' Cheetah (okay...), while also starting
working on an Apple Mac (hmmm...).

My first step was to try to load the header of the .ncs files, which gives
me the warning:

*Warning: the NEURALYNX_V6 toolbox is not installed, see
http://neuralynx.com/research_software/file_converters_and_utilities/
<http://neuralynx.com/research_software/file_converters_and_utilities/> and
take the*
*version from Neuralynx (windows only) *

I see that previously there was a V3 which supported Mac, but not anymore.
So I am afraid to ask ... can I really not read Neuralynx .ncs files with
FieldTrip *on OSX*?

Best,
Stephen