[FieldTrip] Reading data too slow

张文嘉 zhangwenjia2732 at 126.com
Thu Sep 21 17:30:13 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have some problems in reading data into fieldtrip.
Specifically, I used EGI system to record EEG data and preprocessed them with Brainvison analyzer
Then, I exported the preprocessed data into generic data format, making 3 files: .eeg, .vhdr and vmrk.
Last, I used ft_definetrial and ft_preprocessing to read these data into FieldTrip.
However, the reading is very very slow.

I tried to make only 2 channels left and tried methods as follow:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/reading_is_slow_can_i_write_my_raw_data_to_a_more_efficient_file_format
But, they all did not work.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any advice very appreciated.
Thank you

--

Wenjia
NYU Shanghai