[FieldTrip] Padding with mtmfft and mtmconvol

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Sep 21 11:53:05 CEST 2017

Hi to all who’s reading along,

Perhaps the two cases will become more similar once the ‘timwin’ is increased in length for the mtmconvol case….

Best wishes,

JM

On 20 Sep 2017, at 16:26, Robert Oostenveld <r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl<mailto:r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl>> wrote:

Hi Vladimir,

I suggest that you first start with a simpler case, like this

fsample = 1000;
time = (1:1000)/fsample;
dat = randn(size(time));

[spectrum1,ntaper1,freqoi1] = ft_specest_mtmfft(dat, time, 'taper', 'hanning');

power1 = abs(spectrum1).^2;
power1 = squeeze(power1);

[spectrum2,ntaper2,freqoi2,timeoi2] = ft_specest_mtmconvol(dat, time, 'taper', 'hanning', 'timeoi', mean(time), 'timwin', 0.5);

power2 = abs(spectrum2).^2;
power2 = squeeze(power2);

figure
plot(freqoi1, power1);
hold on
plot(freqoi2, power2, 'r');

Note that these are not the same (albeit similar), which I had expected…

best
Robert