[FieldTrip] Question about MVPA topographic map

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 19 07:47:49 CEST 2017

Hi Diane,

First of all, I would recommend to share figures not as a matlab-figure, but as a screenshot bitmap or so. This saves people who are reading your mail a lot of overhead if they want to look at it, because they don’t need to start a matlab session etc.

Your topographical image looks ‘different’ from the one on the wiki because the distribution of your electrodes is more around the whole ‘rim’ of the head. The colored plane that shows up within the circle is the consequence of a spatial interpolation (in 2D) of the data points represented at the locations of the electrodes. For this reason also, there’s no need to be very explicit about the meaning of the x and y axes: they represent space.

Best wishes and good luck,

Jan-Mathijs