[FieldTrip] Simulation of sources based on fMRI spatial map.

Christos Chatzichristos chrichat at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:42:02 CEST 2017

Dear all

I am new at the community of field trip (and EEG ) generally. I am a PHD student and I am working on tensor representation for fMRI Blind Source Separation. Currently I am working on a parallel project for fusion of EEG and fMRI (with tensors again). Since there are new methods before going to real data I need some realistic simulated to test my methods on.

I went through the tutorials about `Creating a sourcemodel for source-reconstruction of MEG or EEG data' and also the example 'Compute forward simulated data and apply a dipole fit' but still I was wondering if there is a way to create the leadfield matrices for sources simulated for fMRI or even more simply, from single slice sources like the one attached (which has been simulated with SimTB for a spherical brain).

I was thinking to perform a simulation similar to this used in [X. Lei et al. 'A parallel framework for simultaneous EEG/fMRI analysis: Methodology and simulation], where they build a concentric three-sphere model around a spherical brain slice similar to the one I attach.

Thanks a lot for any possible help.

Kind regards

Christos Chatzichristos