[FieldTrip] cluster statistics on subset of channels

Roy Cox roycox.roycox at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:57:47 CEST 2017

hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to run ft_freqstatistics on only a subset
of channels?

Per my hypothesis, I'm only interested in the posterior half of the scalp.

I know I could remove the channels entirely from the data, but for plotting
purposes I'd like to retain the full set of data, and it would be
cumbersome to stitch data and clusters back together. Alternatively, I
could change the channel neighborhood structure for the frontal channels
such that they don't enter the cluster formation procedure at all, but I'm
not sure if this is valid.

Maybe ft_freqstatistics already supports channel selection? Can't seem to
find it in the documentation or tutorials, though.

Thanks for any insights,

Roy