[FieldTrip] combining gradiometer/magnetometer sensors - neuromag data

Andria Pelentritou andria.pelentritou at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:52:04 CEST 2017

Greetings from Melbourne!

We've been using fieldtrip (v-20160801) for a while now and we are having
issues when it comes to combining magnetometer and gradiometer MEG sensors
types during (LCMV) beamforming for the Elekta Neuromag Triux 306-channel
system. Beamforming the magnetometers or gradiometers separately on
auditory evoked data works well, but we cannot successfully combine the two
sensor types. We've played with the cfg.coilaccuracy variable as advised in
one of the tutorials with no luck as there seem to be no obvious effects on
the output. The documentation provides very little information on the topic.

What strategies would you recommend when trying to combine the Neuromag
306-channel system magnetometer/gradiometer data?

Many thanks in advance for your help and many more thanks for releasing
such a valuable toolbox!
Warm regards
Andria