[FieldTrip] Reading .csv file and Emotiv compatibility

Mengqi Xing xmq1990 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 21:09:04 CEST 2017

Dear all,

My name is Mengqi Xing. I am a PhD student from University of Illinois at Chicago. I've been trying to use the FT toolbox to analyze the output data from the Emotiv EEG recording system. The output data is the the .csv format, and it seems like the toolbox is unable to read such format. It doesn't work well if I load the .csv and save it as .mat either. I was wondering if anyone worked with this format before and how to get around with it? Also, for those who had experience in connecting FT with Emotiv (or any other BCI recording system) to load and analyze data before, is there a way to directly load the recording from the device to the Matlab?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Mengqi