[FieldTrip] Fwd: Source Analysis from EEG data

Kasturi Barik kash.kgp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 08:27:48 CEST 2017

Dear all,

As per last suggestion, I again focus on constructing head-model to generate
a proper forward model for localization purposes.

*CODE:*

%% 1. read the anatomical data with ft_read_mri;
load('standard_mri.mat');
disp(mri)
save mri mri

%% Align the coordinate system
cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'interactive';
cfg.coordsys = 'spm';
cfg.snapshot     = 'yes';
[mri_aligned] = ft_volumerealign(cfg,mri);
save mri_aligned mri_aligned

%% 2. SEGMENTATION
% set path of means go to :
D:\MATLAB\toolbox\fieldtrip-20140401\external\spm8
cfg           = [];
cfg.output    = {'brain','skull','scalp'};
segmentedmri  = ft_volumesegment(cfg, mri_aligned);
save segmentedmri segmentedmri

%% 3. triangulate the surfaces with ft_prepare_mesh;
cfg             = [];
cfg.tissue      = {'brain','skull','scalp'};
cfg.numvertices = [3000 2000 1000];
bnd             = ft_prepare_mesh(cfg,segmentedmri);
save bnd bnd

%% 4. Create headmodel
cfg        = [];
cfg.method = 'bemcp'; % You can also specify 'openmeeg', 'bemcp', or
another method.
% cfg.conductivity = [0.3300 0.0041 0.3300];
vol1        = ft_prepare_headmodel(cfg, bnd);

*When running these settings **I am getting the following error message:*

Error using surface_nesting (line 26)
the compartment nesting cannot be determined

Error in ft_headmodel_bemcp (line 66)
order = surface_nesting(vol.bnd, 'insidefirst');

Error in ft_prepare_headmodel (line 257)
      vol = ft_headmodel_bemcp(geometry, 'conductivity',
      cfg.conductivity);

 I am not able to detect, where is the problem. I would be very thankful if
you can help me in this regard.