[FieldTrip] Functional connectivity analysis with powcorr_ortho

Ta Dinh, Son son.ta.dinh at tum.de
Mon Jul 31 09:39:51 CEST 2017

Hi Brian,

In general I woulrd recommend that you comment or reply to posts in the FieldTrip list on the list instead of sending mails directly to people so that issues that are solved are visible to everybody.

As to the issue at hand, I haven't heard from anybody and regretfully forgot to ask Mr. Schoffelen at the last conference I met him.
My solution to this was to implement the algorithm by myself according to the description given in the paper by Hipp et al. I could offer to send you the code, it should be easy to integrate with a reasonable amount of Matlab skills. Naturally I will not be able to offer any guarantees that the code is correct, but the results look reasonable enough to me.

Go to
http://dropcanvas.com/1xfe7/1
for a plot of the grand average seed-based connectivity from the left somatosensory cortex (MNI = [- 40, - 30, 50]) to all other voxels within the Beta band for a group of 22 healthy subjects. The paradigm is 5 minutes eyes-closed resting-state.

Best,
Son