[FieldTrip] keeptrials = 'yes' with DICS does not keep trials

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 18:03:47 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am now trying to use the DICS method for sourceanalysis, with 'powandcsd' output from ft_freqanalysis as its input and using a precomputed filter and leadfield. However, I would like to keep my separate trial estimates in the final source analysis, and while the documentation suggests I should be able to get that with cfg.keeptrials, but this doesn't have the expected effect.

I previously made workaround using PCC on fourier data instead (see below), I think to deal with this issue. I was wondering if this is still the recommended option, i.e. workaround? Alternatively, and perhaps preferably, would someone have a suggestion for a solution consistent with the DICS implementation?

Thanks for your time,
Stephen

% source analysis
cfg.method           = 'pcc';
cfg.keeptrials       = 'yes';
cfg.pcc.keepmom      = 'yes';
cfg.pcc.fixedori     = 'no';
source_control       = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, FFT);

and then:

% project moment and tapers
cfg = [];
cfg.projectmom = 'no';
cfg.keeptrials = 'yes';
cfg.powmethod  = 'lambda1';
source         = ft_sourcedescriptives(cfg,source);