[FieldTrip] FEM volume conduction model for stroke survivors

Singh, Tarkeshwar singht at musc.edu
Tue Jan 24 02:43:10 CET 2017

Dear Fieldtrip Community,

Has anyone tried developing an FEM volume conduction model for stroke survivors (http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/headmodel_eeg_fem). I was wondering, how have you modeled the lesioned volume? Have you modeled it as CSF, and if so, how did you do that?

I used the code shown below and it appears to me that the lesions are not getting modeled as CSF; they appear to be modeled as scalp and skull.

cfg           = [];
cfg.output    = {'gray','white','csf','skull','scalp'};
segmentedmri  = ft_volumesegment(cfg, mri);
seg_i = ft_datatype_segmentation(segmentedmri,'segmentationstyle','indexed');

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,
Tarkesh

--
Tarkeshwar Singh