[FieldTrip] incorrect channel identification with ft_databrowser after the latest fieldtrip version release

Malgorzata Wislowska malgorzata.wislowska at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:42:25 CET 2017

Dear community,

My name is Malgorzata Wislowska and I am working in Lab for Sleep and
Consciousness Research at the University of Salzburg in Austria. Currently
I am analyzing data recorded with high-density EEG (EGI, 128-channel net).

In my pre-processing pipeline I use ft_databrowser to visually and
interactively identify noisy channels (in GUI with 'identify' option).

The cfg I use is as follows:

cfg = [];
cfg.viewmode = 'vertical';
cfg.continuous = 'yes';
cfg.blocksize = 20;
cfg.preproc.lpfilter = 'yes';
cfg.preproc.lpfreq = 35;
cfg.ylim = [0 30];

After updating my fieldtrip to the lastest version, the 'identify' option
began to work incorrectly. When indicating a channel with a cursor, one
another channel is being highlighted (e.g. #86 instead of #24).

Probably it has something to do with one of the two recently introduced
changes:
https://github.com/fieldtrip/fieldtrip/commit/81fe75d296d2623f6330797def8b91ec415a9af4
or
https://github.com/fieldtrip/fieldtrip/commit/1d7170b782f70d2614fe676aae9e6417fd7fb47a

I would appreciate if somebody could have a look at that.

Best regards,
Malgorzata