[FieldTrip] ft_sourcestatistics

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:49:01 CET 2017

Dear Eduardo,

@1: Do you mean normalize across the group? What you could do is interpolate the source-level data to an MRI and then use ft_volumenormalise to normalize all images to a common standard MRI. Check the FT site here: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel?s[]=warp <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel?s%5B%5D=warp>
Alternatively, you could take care that a common source grid is warped to the individual headmodel prior to the source analysis. In this case, you don’t need to normalize, as all subjects have the same number of sources. Check the tutorials on the FT-website for hints (e.g. http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/salzburg?s[]=warp <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/salzburg?s%5B%5D=warp> or http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/beamformingextended?s[]=warp <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/beamformingextended?s%5B%5D=warp>)

@2: Did you build your own headmodel? It might be that the elements of the headmodel intersect. I would go back and double check all steps leading up to the leadfield computation for errors.

@3: I have no idea.

@4: When does this happen?

Good luck,