[FieldTrip] ft_sourcestatistics

Uri Eduardo Ramírez Pasos urieduardo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:38:42 CET 2017

Dear fieldtrippers,

I have a couple questions regarding source reconstruction that I hope you
can help me with.

1. What is the best way to 'normalize' the position values in each forward
model across my subjects so that I can run ft_sourcestatistics with
cfg.statistic = 'ft_statfun_depsamplesT' ?

2. For one of my subjects, their leadfield keeps containing only NaNs. What
could be the source (no pun intended) of the problem?

3. If my experiment's design has three 'levels' (say A1, A2, A3) for one
'factor', is it valid to subtract source values (obtained using method
'dics') for a comparison (e.g. A1-A3 vs A2-A3)?

4. What could have gone wrong when i get the warning “matrix is singular,
close to singular or badly scaled. Results may be inaccurate.” How does one
go about solving this?

Best regards,
Eduardo Ramírez, PhD candidate
University of Würzburg