[FieldTrip] Question about segmentation

Boukje Habets boukje.habets at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Dec 5 10:55:28 CET 2017

Dear Fieldtrippers,

Im new to Fieldtrip and have a question about segmentation. I want to do a freqanalysis on EEG data (Brainvision Recorder).
I have one file per condition (so only containing one trigger code, and a start code at the beginning of the file) that i want to segment into 2sec pieces. Ive been trying to find a way to add a trigger with Fieldtrip, so that I can segment around a new trigger. Using a pre- and poststim timewindow around the trigger code is not a solution, as this gives me overlapping segments, which i do not want.
This doesnt seem possible?

After reading about cfg.trialfun, I saw that i can segment a continuous file into segments that i can define in terms of length (sec/samples). I guess this is the easiest way for me to segment my file. However, i want to be able to define the start and end point of segmentation, as my file contains a part in the beginning without codes (EEG was being recorded, but experiment was running yet). I have been playing around with the commands begsample and endsample, but that didnt change the window of segmentation (meaning it always segments my whole file, giving me 'empty' segments).

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks for your time,

Boukje Habets

--

Dr. Boukje Habets
Biopsychology & Cognitive Neuroscience (AE14)