[FieldTrip] Post hoc comparison following cluster-based permutation test

Blume Christine christine.blume at sbg.ac.at
Mon Aug 14 08:40:59 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am comparing event-related oscillatory responses in two conditions A and B. In each condition, subjects have been presented with two different stimulus types, let's take "houses" and "faces" as an easy example. What I have done so far is I compared the oscillatory responses to the two stimuli WITHIN each condition using cluster based permutation tests (depsamplesT; frequency range 4-15 Hz, 173 electrodes, 6 time bins). What I find is significant differences between "houses" and "faces" within each condition. However it seems that in higher frequencies there is also a difference between conditions A and B. Now reviewers have asked me to test this difference statistically. Unfortunately, I do not really know how to go about...any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Best,
Christine