[FieldTrip] ft_definetrial on result from ft_appenddata?

Blume Christine christine.blume at sbg.ac.at
Tue Apr 25 17:33:53 CEST 2017

Dear FT community,

I have data with overlapping segments, wherefore I need to do the raw data inspection using ft_databrowser on continuous data (unless ft_databrowser can handle overlapping segments now?). So far so good, but I have 5 different raw data files per person as our machine closes and files automatically and starts a new one as soon as they exceed 2GB. The most convenient thing would obviously be to append all 5, run ft_databrowser on the appended data and then do the segmentation. This is particularly the case because it is data from sleep and thus important to see how the EEG/MEG changes across time. However, I am wondering whether there is any way to apply ft_definetrial and ft_redefinetrial to appended datasets (as it obviously goes back to the underlying raw files, of which I have 5).

Any suggestions are more than welcome :).

Thanks,
Christine