[FieldTrip] ft_artifact_threshold + ft_rejectartifact issue?

Oleksiy Bobrov Oleksiy.Bobrov at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Apr 10 13:24:08 CEST 2017

Hi everyone, I try automatically reject segment from my EEG-Data withamplitudes out of the range 200µV.

I use the following  function for it:

function [fnData, conf] = rejectForRange(inData)

cfg = [];
cfg.continuous = 'no';
cfg.artfctdef.threshold.bpfilter  = 'no';
cfg.artfctdef.threshold.range = 200; %in uV/T, default  inf
% cfg.artfctdef.threshold.min = -100; %in uV/T, default -inf
% cfg.artfctdef.threshold.max = 100; %in uV/T, default  inf
[conf, artData] = ft_artifact_threshold(cfg, inData);
cfg = [];
cfg.artfctdef.xxx.artifact = artData;
cfg.artfctdef.reject = 'complete';
fnData = ft_rejectartifact(cfg, inData);

The function is evaluated with no errors. But the output is not correct.
Indeed, a lot of artifact-segments are deleted. But there are  still a lot of segments with
amplitudes far out of the range of 200µV (visual controlled with ft_rejectvisual()).

If try the rejectForRange()-function once more (on the output-data from the first run), so it founds no artifacts at all.
But they are in the data.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Best regards
Alex