[FieldTrip] new look and feel for the Fieldtrip website

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Fri Apr 7 14:27:59 CEST 2017

Dear FieldTrip users

Now that the FieldTrip toolkit course that we hosted here in Nijmegen is over, I have moved the website over to a new version of the dokuwiki content management system (i.e. the PHP code that runs underneath the website). Read on below for the motivation...

The old version of the dokuwiki software was flagged by some online scanners as being sensitive to malware, and I received reports that at some universities it was blocked. Although there is no reason to asume that the FT wiki was malicious in any way (the whole site is carefully monitored and locked down), it is of course annoying if it gets flagged as such.

The drawback of the new version of the website is that the old template is not compatible, so right now the wiki has a different look and feel. All content is exactly the same, and we will try to get the original appearance back.

For those of you for whom the website was blocked: it will take some time before it gets scanned once more (which I suppose happens automatically, as I never requested for it). That means that www.fieldtriptoolbox.org <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/> might remain in some blacklist database for some time. You can use new.fieldtriptoolbox.org <http://new.fieldtriptoolbox.org/> as a temporary alternative. It points to exactly the same site, but operates over a different web address and proxy server.

best regards,
Robert

PS we could use some help with the website. If you know a bit of PHP/HTML/CSS - or possibly even have dokuwiki experience - and want to help us out, please send me a personal message.