[FieldTrip] Inquiry about Field-Trip usage for multi-channel sources

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Apr 13 09:24:37 CEST 2017

Joe,

You may want to have a look here: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/compute_forward_simulated_data_and_apply_a_dipole_fit?s[]=ft&s[]=dipolesimulation to get started.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

J.M.Schoffelen, MD PhD
Senior Researcher, VIDI-fellow - PI, language in interaction
Telephone: +31-24-3614793
Physical location: room 00.028
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen, The Netherlands

On 07 Apr 2017, at 20:23, Joseph Lee <joeboe at umich.edu<mailto:joeboe at umich.edu>> wrote:

Dear Field Trip Community

I am Joe from the Computational Unit of the Center for Consciousness Science, University of Michigan.

We are somewhat new to forward modelling and are currently undertaking a project to generate 128 scalp-level channel signals from the 78 source-level signals. We are using the "ft_compute_leadfield" function of FieldTrip in order to accomplish that goal.

Is this a valid approach for our goal or were those functions designed for a different purpose?

Any comments on this will be helpful for us. Thank you very much.

Best,

Joe

Research Assistant
Center for Consciousness Science,