[FieldTrip] Problem with Matlab system commands in OS X (XTerm, Logout, crash, sleep mode)

Markus Gschwind Markus.Gschwind at unige.ch
Sun Apr 9 11:18:21 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I hope to find here an expert who knows an answer to the following problem:

I am running Matlab on OSX 10.9.5 started from the Xterm, and I am not able
to run big and lengthy matlab jobs because at each logout (which occurs
after 2h), Matlab crashes, all results are gone (if they are not save to
the HD and XTerm closes.

I start Matlab form the XTerm (and not by clicking the App Icon) in order
to be able to run system (unix) commands within Matlab.

I guess, this behaviour is proper to XTerm, and in case I could find an
other way to run system commands from Matlab, probably this could be
resolved.

Could it be that the running matlab job is not visible to the system which
goes to sleep??

For info here the power management info:

$ pmset -g custom
Battery Power:
 lidwake              1
 autopoweroff         1